Working under the direction of MarketSpark, 5.12 Design Lab was responsible for the overall design and bulk of the development on the Loudoun Medical Group website.
The new LMG website needed to make it easy for patients, employees and providers to find the information pertinent to them by clearly defining the four different focus areas of the business:
- General information about the company
- Patient resources and documentation
- An employee knowledge base of information and paperwork
- Training tools and practice resources for providers
The homepage presents site visitors with a clear message displayed over a video background. Connecting patients with providers is one of the primary goals of the website, and multiple links “above the fold” make it easy for patients to search through the large directory of LMG offices and providers.
A trove of information and resources needed to be readily available to patients, including:
- Online bill pay
- Links to an (externally-hosted) patient portal
- Patient forms and surveys
- Health library
For Employees and Providers
In addition, the site hosts an archive of documentation for providers and employees to access through a password-protected portal. Within this archive is an extensive list of downloadable materials, including:
- Employee handbooks and compliance plans
- Benefits brochures and summaries
- Meeting dates and information
- Referral guides
- OSHA and HIPPA training manuals
- Required signage
Even though the site has a vast amount of information available, the layout and design helps to organize this information and make it easier for site visitors to quickly find what they are looking for.